With the spread of Coronavirus, this is a new and challenging time for all. As an organisation, we are following government advice and taking proactive measures to reduce the impact on both staff and customers. For the most up to date government guidance, please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
We will continue to update this page as the situation changes. Last updated 2nd April 2020
Our staff are here to support you. Please let support staff know so they can provide you with the appropriate advice, information and support.
- If you have symptoms associated with Coronavirus such as a high temperature and/or a new persistent cough
- Are within a high risk group over 70, pregnant or have an underlying health condition
- Are self-isolating for another reason
Please use local phone numbers to contact staff where appropriate.
In order to protect customers, staff and partners from the risk of infection, we may ask for additional information when arranging repairs or any other services where you live.
If you’ve been advised to self-isolate, or you’re experiencing any symptoms and we’re due to visit your home you must let us know beforehand so the appointment can be rescheduled.
In line with government advice and to minimise the potential impact of Coronavirus, our services have made the difficult decision to temporarily restrict visitors to our care and support services.
All schemes are now following a no visitor policy with the only exceptions being:
- medical and care visits that cannot be carried out by other means
- catering, food or deliveries of essential items
- access for urgent/essential repairs.
This will be in place until further notice.
Repairs and Maintenance
Due to the circumstances, Look Ahead’s Head Office has been temporarily closed. Where possible, use local contact details to contact your local staff or get in touch with us using one of the following ways:
- Call our customer contact centre on 0333 010 4600
- To request a repair:
Following government advice, we are only undertaking emergency and urgent repairs. Repairs that are deemed routine will be logged but not undertaken until such time as the government advises to do so.
- For all other enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For feedback and complaints, please contact email@example.com
The government is asking everyone to stay at home to stop the spread of the virus. You may only leave where you live where it is absolutely necessary and for one of the following four reasons:
- Shopping for essential food supplies or medicines
- One form of exercise daily alone or with members of your household
- Any medical need, or to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, if you if this absolutely cannot be done from home
You must stay 2 metres away from other people at all times.
Hygiene advice for everyone
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with Coronavirus.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water is not available
- Wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
For the latest government guidance, to find out what you can do to prevent the spread of Coronavirus and for advice if you think you might be infected or at risk, please visit the NHS website.
We will continue to update this section of the site as the situation develops.